Friday, August 13, 2021

Root Down

“We’ll just explain the facts to people and everyone will do the right thing.”

I think we're doing a poor job of educating people about Coronavirus and the vaccine.  I suggest that there were a lot of people who knew 16 months ago that they were going to get the vaccine, and there were just about as many who knew they weren't going to get it.   As far as education goes, I think we've been preaching to the choir.  Not so sure we've even made a dent in terms of convincing those who actually needed convincing.

"Oh - 'listen to the science' not good enough" you ask?  Well, I do have thoughts on that, but in a word - NO.  Clearly that approach hasn't been working.  We need to find another way in.

I'm not going to attempt to turn this into a comedy piece on how we should try explaining it with crayons or by using sock puppets with tiny little Kid Rock t-shirts on them.  SORRY.  I'm going to afford the non-vaxxers a little more respect and suggest that they just need to reach an understanding in a different way.  I'm not sure what that is, and I'm not sure that it's hopeless.  I just don't think we've gotten to or addressed the root cause of the refusal to get vaccinated.

No comments: