Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Am Difficult

"Look, don't ask me to participate in your
stupid crap if you don't like the way I do it!"





How bad was the plan? Well, how about two totally different bands playing outdoors within 20 yards of each other? That was the smallest of last weekend's issues. I'm not going down the full list of bad ideas, but I will say that none of them surprised me. I will say that divorce means you can only be so chummy anymore, you know? So when I didn't participate in this fiasco, it was of course just me being difficult. No reasons, just difficult for the sake of being an ass. That's how everybody does it, right?

Someone made the mistake of calling me right after this disastrous weekend and I vented for just shy of 45 minutes. All I got was a three second silence followed simply by, "Oh, you poor little girl."

It was completely uncalled for but well placed, and I can't argue with that.

It put me right. Try it on someone sometime. Guaranteed to make at least one of you feel better.

No comments: