Friday, October 13, 2006

2005 Scarabeo 150



I scored this thing back in June. It's been pretty awesome, actually. The only reason I bring it up now is that, earlier this week, I took it out for a ride that proved to be the best yet. I really can't say why, considering it was around 50° and gray/overcast, but a simple trip to the bank turned into a two-hour ride. I thought these things were supposed to be the most fun on warm, sunny days. Glad to know I was wrong. There's a good chance winter is going to feel just a bit shorter this year.

Quick specs on the 2005 Aprilia Scarabeo 150:
150cc, single-cylinder, four-valve, four-stroke engine manufactured by Rotax
70MPH
up to 70MPG
Made in Italy

It's comfortable as all hell, stands as big as most motorcycles, zips away from the light faster than the car next to you, and you don't have to shift it. You just enjoy the ride and concentrate on the road. One of these days, I'm going to go for milk and wind up in Montreal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"One of these days, I'm going to go for milk and wind up in Montreal."

Yeah, I've been saying that about you for years.

...Oh wait, you have a scooter?