Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Week In Review

After trying this for a week, I think it's time for an evaluation. I think I can safely say that writing this stuff probably doesn't interest me one whole hell of a lot more than it interests you. Here's how the last week of entries came together.

Slash vs. Nigel Tufnel
Honestly, I thought Slash could play better than that. I debated for some time whether to bother making an entry about it. Seemed pretty pointless, but then I started thinking that "pointless" might just be the whole M.O. here. Maybe I should roll with that and see if I can dig it.

2005 Aprilia Scarabeo 150
I had an incredibly great ride that day. I also thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the make and model out there in case someone happened to be searching. I've learned a lot about how it works and I could probably offer some help, or maybe get some.

Just Like an Onion
I thought this was "entry-worthy" after I had finally parked and then realized that getting to my destination on foot wasn't going to be any easier. But this entry really didn't come close to capturing the experience. Could you tell I didn't really have an ending? That all may have something to do with the lack of interest I was talking about a minute ago.

Bolt Awake at 3:08AM
It was pretty odd to just suddenly feel wide awake like that, but the idea of leading a productive life nearly round-the-clock is something I have all the time. Every night I go to bed with some degree of feeling that I haven't yet accomplished the things I should, and sleep means I am quitting.

John Mayer Wins!
I started it, so I guess I should finish it. I rewrote this a few times, trying to tell it in as few words as possible, because it started to look like I actually cared about what happened. I don't know if it's possible to actually choke on irony, but there's your chance right there.

Pandy Fackler
They way I remembered that story from Dean Ween was funnier in my head. I really thought he said something more direct about Jazz being lame, but I guess not. Well, that was my idea for the day, so I tried to make it work. I had a hell of a time picking another Ween song title to compare. I settled on "Touch My Tooter" for the entry, and I seriously considered using "Put The Coke On My Dick", but decided that it might be kind of distracting, and show the band in the wrong light.

How Not To Hold a Microphone
My favorite, by far. I wish every entry could be like this. Too easy. I think it's probably the case that, if I write a really long entry, it's because I don't have much of an idea that day.

I Bought Fred Flintstone's Leaf Vacuum
A normal person would long ago have realized that the stupid vac is more of a pain than it's worth, but I really hate raking. Actually, I don't mind it so much on a decent day. Not bad exercise, really. But I already bought the vac, so I may as well use it.

How To Make Money on The World Series
I thought this would be so much easier to explain. It is pretty easy in person. It really lost something in the translation. Not my idea, but I'm not telling you where I heard it, either. And it will require about $70 in stamps, but you can set the price for your final pick however you'd like, to help make up for it. Or, you'll just lose that $70.

Blowin' Straight Into The Wind
I couldn't really get a picture of the wind, and I had to hide a bit so she wouldn't see me snapping her picture. I'd have some serious explaining to do. And I go through all of this, for what? Didn't we already establish that I don't really care?

This Week's Phrase That I Didn't Get To Use But Wanted To:
"Bathtub crank."

And now, I will shoehorn it into a previously-drafted entry.

Here's my neighbor, attempting to rake her yard in 30MPH gusts. I don't converse much with her because she's usually hopped up on bathtub crank and thinks she's the goddamn Hulk or something.

But I went with the "swingers" thing instead, because that's honestly how I feel.

So, why am I still here? In all, I'd say the first (possibly only) week wasn't quite the hoot I thought it would be. Might have to just see how this whole thing sits.

No comments: