Thursday, November 23, 2006

How to Shop for Values

No, I'm not getting up at 5AM to shop. Stop asking me to do that. Stop asking me every 13 seconds. I'm just trying to watch a little post-Thanksgiving-dinner TV, that's all. Stop asking. No, seriously. Stop.

But while we're at it, what's the deal? So you're selling a decent laptop computer for $250. Ok. Now why are you asking me to get up at 1AM so I can buy it?

In case you don't know, here's how it works:

The store opens at 5AM. There will be a line at 5AM, so you are advised to get to the store at 1AM and wait outside. At 4AM, employees will hand out vouchers to the people in line. If you're at the front of the line, you'll probably get to buy what you want. Wait another hour for the store to open and you can buy it. Otherwise, you're not getting what you came for. Bet you're pissed.

Is the store guessing you'll get over it and just come in and shop for something anyway? Worse - is the store right?

No comments: